Tuesday, May 14, 2013

UISD Insurance Rate Increase: UISD meet Affordable Care Act




Looks like some of you UISD employees woke up to some disturbing news today.  It looks like your out of pocket expenses for insurance are going up for your health insurance.  I don't know why any of you would expect anything different.  Insurance all across America is going up.

As the article states, expansion of services mandated under the Affordable Care Act, such as women's preventive care (my add, free birth control) and tax credits for middle-class families, creates cost, and employers are perhaps the most likely to absorb it.

That last part, that employers are the most likely to absorb the cost, I don't agree with.  Most likely, like UISD, employers are going to pass on the cost to employees in higher premiums co-pays, and higher deductibles.  And, expect those that can will quit providing health insurance to employees, and let them fend for themselves in the "open" market that is the Affordable Care Act.

As Robert Chapa, UISD Risk Management Director, stated, a reprieve from increasing insurance plans isn't likely to come soon.  He further stated, "Is it going down?  I don't see how.....Somebody is going to pay for it.  It's not free."

What did he say?  Government money is not FREE.  What a surprise.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete