Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Manners - You know, how to respect others around you, OR NOT


My, my, how we Laredoans sure have forgotten our manners, that is if we had any in the first place.  Because of my observant eye catching hundreds,  if not thousands, of Mr. Manners violations over the last weekend, I will take it upon myself to offer some helpful hints in making Laredo a wonderful place to live.
As we go forward, some of you may not consider some of the items I will discuss as actual manners violations…..”Well, YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HE.....opps, let me cool off and put my good manners hat on again.  Your opinion is valued, and you will have your chance to respond in the comments section.

Big violation number one:  To the pig headed lady who stood in front of me at the Jiffy Mart, while checking out,  talking on her cell phone, and not paying attention to the cashier who was trying to tell you you owed more money….You are a manners violator.    Next time, turn off your phone, or hang up before you check out.  This goes for the mini-marts, grocery store, gas station, anywhere others may be in line waiting for you to get your pig head out of the way so they can go about their business……Opps again, sorry.

Mega violation number two:  This one has popped up before, to you lazy slime balls, sorry, lazy individuals who fail to put their grocery cart in any one of the 10 cart racks at the HEB at Del Mar and McPherson, you should have your car doors hit with a hammer by the witness while you repeat the phrase, “I will put my shopping cart in the rack” 200 times.  Get outta my lot you lazy slobs…sorry, my bad, again.

Mega violation number three:  At  the Clark St. Wal-Mart this Sunday, at around 8 a.m. while shopping for ammunition, I notice there must have been over 100 shopping carts full of miscellaneous products that were apparently picked up during a shopping spree by many stupid, uneducated fools, who either do not have any idea how much the things piled in the cart are going to cost, or has such a small bit of brain matter, that they forgot why they put the stupid thing in their cart in the first place, then  take them out at the check stand and leave them with the checker.  OK, you non-rocket scientist idiots, it cost the store money to put those products back in the shelves, that is, if the product is not damaged too much to restock.  This cost that the store incurs in restocking all these items is passed on to the shopper.  Even for those who know, how much money they have with them, and what they want to buy are forced to pay for these non-rocket scientist, can’t add two plus two idiots.  PS, to the plastic bag ban gang……just wait and see how much more often this will occur when big lazy Suzy, the stupid non-rocket scientist won’t buy another reusable bag to fit her extra bags of cookies into, and she leaves it on the counter.

This violation can cause me to go into cardiac arrhythmia, or whatever it is that gets your heart beating a million times per second, and your face to turn redder than the Texas A&M dog’s (Revillie) bandana.  To those employees who are supposed to be waiting on you (name the place) who are reading, texting, or talking on a phone, or cell phone.  I wish I had the money to pay the bail bondsman, and court cost for all the times I would like to take the electronic device out of the hands of the offender and smash it into a million pieces, and then smile in a condescending manner and then ask the employee,  “What up dude (dudette)?

And this last one is by no means the last attack on manners I see in Laredo, but I am tired, and the arrhythmia thing is starting to kick in.  Anyway,  to you that hold a space in line (especially in front of me) for your friend(s) at Luby’s because they cannot get there on time, and then they have to see, smell, touch, and ask questions about every item from the salad bar to the wrapped butter bowl. Then decide to pay with a debit card that has expired.  All this time I am patiently waiting behind you with a piece of fish that is re-growing its scales and the tartar sauce is starting to go rancid.  You then decide you don’t want the liver that I have had to smell for the last 30 minutes of your buffet ballet, but would rather have the lasagna.  To you, and your ilk, I say, NO MORE LUBYS FOR YOU, at least until you go into the place with some idea of what you want and why.

I await with the great courteousness your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Why don't you just add Mexican in front of your descriptors there buddy. Your TRUE feelings are slowly starting to show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is about courtesy, not ethnicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother,,, that was WAY TOO FUNNY!!! ROCK ON!!! "Just add Mexican" indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tome wade, you refer to other Laredoans as pig-headed, lazy slimeballs, uneducated, lazy fools, idiots, lazy slobs among other things- what happend to your good manners hat? Did it fall off? What up dude?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max...that is my point, we all have manners issues...I was exposing that in my rudeness...

      Of course, I am pretty close to Sainthood, but on occasion.....you know....

      Delete
  5. Tom, I think your post is funny- and, in fairness, I don't think it refers to all Laredoans or anyone of a particular ethnicity. People with poor manners and etiquette exist everywhere and have varied ethnic DNA, for sure. I've lived on a few continents and have seen similar behaviors amongst people whose common attributes seem to include "thoughtlessness" or "lack of awareness", but without any other defining features regarding race. On the other end of spectrum, you see some pretty amazing acts of kindness and generosity in those same places- And I think we definitely see that here in Laredo, too. So, perhaps, that will save you from arrhythmia...remembering the great things here like Volunteers Serving The Need (VSTN). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, and yes, this is not about Laredo only. Well, except maybe the shopping carts full of items to put back on the shelf.

      Anyway, we all need to be a little more courteous to the next person in line, or in the parking lot.

      Delete