Monday, July 11, 2011

Tax Hikes....NO WAY...Thank you Mr. Speaker

Thank you speaker Boehner for not allowing the Dems in DC force you into accepting any tax increases on next year’s budget.   The president and democratic leaders say the tax increases they propose are only for the “rich.”   Another lie from the left.    These proposed tax increases reach across all economic/class boundaries.
A friend of mine last week, at Starbucks, could not believe that I was standing up for the rich in the taxing debate.  He actually said: “How can you be for not raising the taxes on the rich.  You will never have that kind of money.”  I was dumbfounded by his statement.  Is there no such thing as standing up for principles?  I support women’s rights, even though I am not a woman.  I am strongly for equal rights among “all” people, no matter race, creed, religion, sexual orientation.  Yet, I am not a minority or gay.
The more I think about his statement, and he makes a lot more money than me, I am beginning to see what the next presidential election is going to be about. 
Here is the 2011 Democratic playbook:
a.        Race is an issue.  All republicans are racist because they want the US to enforce current immigration laws and they do not want wealth redistribution to continue on its current path.  They actually want to keep some of the money they earn.  PS here:  Republicans give more to charity than Democrats.  It has been documented and I believe it.
b.      Class is an issue.  Democrats will try to sell the story that the rich are richer and the working class is getting poorer.  There is some fact to the statement that wages have gone down.  The problem isn’t that the employers are paying out less money.  The problem is that employers are paying more and more money to governments and that is what is taking away from employees.
c.       We cannot pay our debt without raising taxes.  My friends, that is like saying, “I cannot pay my bills unless I get a raise.”  Of course you can still pay your bills, you just quit spending on non-essential items and budget your money better.  If we give the government more tax dollars, they will just spend it and not reduce the deficit.  Just look at history.
These three items alone will make up 90% of the 2012 campaign slogans and adds by the Democrats.  At least that is my bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment