Thursday, April 25, 2013

CBP and Border Patrol Report Drug Seizures: Why not report the apprehensions of those trying to enter the US illegally?

Today the Laredo Morning Times, as they do often, reported that CBP had seized eight pounds of methamphetamine and 10 pounds of cocaine.

I like to see these reports, as it keeps the public up to date as to what is crossing our border.  The only problem that I have is the reporting of the "street value" of the drugs confiscated as if that was what it cost the cartels in losses.  But that subject is for another post.

What I would really like to see is a weekly, or at least monthly report, on the amount of people that were detained/apprehended/refused entry by CBP and Border Patrol who tried to enter the country illegally.  This could be segmented into those that were denied visas, and those that attempted to bypass the normal inspection process.  You know, by swimming across the river, hiding in a tractor trailer, what ever.  These numbers would certainly help the politicians in the immigration debate.  Trends would be established and the efficiency of our border protection systems could be measured.

The numbers most likely are being kept, it is time to make them public.  Most Laredoans care just as much about what is coming across our border illegally as who and how many are coming across our border illegally.


PS: I know they are all CBP, but Border Patol and Customs do keep separate metrics.

What say you?:

4 comments:

  1. That’s easy,,, it would be detrimental to the current political agenda on a path forward to legalize an estimated 11 million (more like 22 million) new entitlement claims. You better remember well what Auntie Janet Napoleon, (notice the resemblance? short and butchy) Secretary of the Department of Homeless Scrutiny said; “The border has never been safer and my skewed statistics prove it!” My ass.!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang,,,,, nobody wants to play.!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anybody???? Anybody???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete